The thing I like about season wins futures bets is that they have all the advantages of other futures bets – primarily that they last for an entire season, and so provide a lot of betting enjoyment “leverage” out of a single wager – without the major drawbacks of other futures bets. Chief among those drawbacks are (a) the long odds of actually winning the bet (championship odds for anyone or even division/conference odds for some teams) and (b) the crazy high juice that you’ll often pay on player-centric bets or even total points scored by a team in the season.
To be honest, given the amount of action on the NFL, I wasn’t expecting to find near the value in NFL win totals futures as I did in NCAAF ones, but the top three here are gold. I’ll also note that I am really surprised to find 7 of 9 on the Over side of the house. Traditionally, I think books have shaded the total (or corresponding vig) high with the knowledge that the betting public has a bias for betting overs. But I’m standing by the formula, so here we go:
Season Win Totals Top Picks (Play 2 units each):
- Buccaneers Under 6.5 wins at +115 on Mybookie.ag
- Raiders Over 6 wins at +100 on 5Dimes.eu
- Texans Under 8.5 wins at +125 Mybookie.ag
Season Win Totals Other Picks (1 unit each):
- Packers Over 9.5 at +124 on 5Dimes.eu
- Bengals Over 6 at +140 on Mybookie.ag
- Lions Over 6.5 at -130 on 5Dimes.eu
- Saints Over 10.5 at +140 on Mybookie.ag
- Seahawks Over 8.5 at -125 on Bovada.lv
- Patriots Over 11 at -120 on Betonline.ag
This will be the last NFL Season preview. Next up, Uncle Bucky and I will give our picks for NFL week 1 along with NCAA week 2. Until then, stay sharp.